Mechanical Aptitude Test Practice Guide
Why you should take mechanical aptitude practice test.
Mechanical Aptitude Tests (MAT) are designed to assess a candidate’s knowledge of machinery and related physical concepts. Unlike other aptitude tests, the mechanical aptitude test requires you to be knowledgeable about certain target topics. As you can see below, not just mechanical comprehension, but electrical too. I have prepared a study guide for you covering the topics you will encounter on the test day.
- Force and Motion
- Review concepts related to friction and gravity
- Be prepared to encounter questions on; acceleration, momentum, and pressure
- Understand concepts related to the transfer of energy
- Study and know how to define: work and power
- Know the difference between kinetic and potential energy
- Simple Machines
1.Mechanics (mechanical comprehension)
- Understand concepts related to currents, capacitors, charges, and resistance.
- Know the difference between parallel and series circuits.
- Recognize basic definitions and facts related to magnet
2. Electricity (electrical comprehension)
As you can see the mechanical aptitude test covers a wide range of materials, even electrical. Which means, most candidates won’t just be able to walk in and take the mechanical test without preparing. In order to ensure you pass the exam, you should study in advance. A great way to study is to review study guides and take online practice mechanical aptitude tests.
Best of luck Mechanical test takers.