Configuring a GE Fanuc 90-70 PLC
The GE Fanuc Series 90-70 PLCs offer a wide variety of solutions for even the most complicated manufacturing applications requiring 1000s of input/output points and high-speed CPUs. The 90-70 PLCs offer engineers more cost effective answers to their automation requirements with more computing power, more memory capabilities, and an exhaustive list of communications and redundancy options. The Series offers a range of Input/Output modules that make it highly adaptable and customizable for virtually any application. Here are the features that make the Series 90-70 PLCs the choice of many engineers:
- The highly popular and flexible VME-bus standard is the basis for the Series 90-70 open architecture platform.
- The Series 90-70 can be configured to integrate redundancy features for critical applications when combined with Genius Input/Output – Genius Modular Redundancy (GMR) systems and Hot Standby systems.
- An impressive variety of communications options are available, such as Ethernet TCP/IP, reflective memory, Genius LAN, and a wide choice of serial communications modules.
In spite of its great flexibility and nearly unlimited capabilities, the Series 90-70 system is relatively easy for an engineer to create. The Series 90-70 consists of a few basic components that can be chosen to create the perfect PLC system for most manufacturing requirements. Following are the basic system components with some helpful tips on choosing the correct ones for your particular application.
- Series 90-70 CPU Racks
- Series 90-70 Power Supplies
- Series 90-70 CPUs
- Series 90-70 Digital Input/Output Modules
- Series 90-70 Communications and Specialty Modules
The GE Fanuc Series 90-70 PLC System – Offering the versatility and expansion capability required by the modern manufacturing environment, the Series 90-70 is the option engineers rely on to create sophisticated, state-of-the-art PLC systems to handle the most demanding requirements. The 90-70 offers cost-effective PLCs that are operating in factories around the world. Today's automated manufacturing environment requires the prudent engineer to select the absolute best in PLCs – the GE Fanuc Series 90-70!
Be sure to see the Technician's Dream Bundle
Click for PLC Programming Training