- All Articles
Why use onsite customized training?
(Greater ROI, customized training and experience on your equipment, personalize one on one training, and less travel expenses...)
We perform our training at the customer's facility, customized training to each specific customer's need. Most customers have 3 to 5 employees in the class (5 days of training). This consist of hands on training from day one in an uninterrupted class room environment using a copy of the customer's PLC program used in their facility. We bring everything needed for training, employees need only show up ready to learn. Our blended learning approach using real world programs insures no employees are being left behind in contrast to other's training where instructor follows a "canned" curriculum.
Our training method insures employees receive a high quality level of training that also matches their experience and their facility's needs. We have found this to give customer's the greatest return on their training investment.
With the instructor's guidance, the students receive real world examples and experience with the actual equipment they will be working with on day to day bases. This also gives instructor the opportunity to insure customers equipment such as Lap Top/software are set up properly and effectively. We also survey documentation, program backups and recommend procedures to insure reliability.
If requested, we will adjust curriculum to promote any FDA requirements made aware of in respect to Standard Operating Practices - SOP of your facility.
Our customized training qualifies for most state reimbursement programs!
We strongly recommend one person from each shift be trained in PLCs.
While we have traveled to a site to train just one person, most customers are utilizing the 3-5 person training session. In addition, when training more than one, customers save the extra travel expenses to send more than one employee to a training facility located elsewhere.
Business Industrial Network is not in the business of capitalizing on your downtime. We help you reduce downtime.
Some of the key advantages to utilizing our training services compared to others are ...
- We actually train each employee, not just present the information. The instructor roams the class insuring each employee can perform the task, as each task is taught and is why we limit the class size to 5 employees. If you have more than 5 employees, we just schedule multiple classes so you receive the maximum return on your training investment.
- We provide the option to work with one of your actual facility's PLC programs in the class, so employees are becoming more familiar with the equipment they will actually be working on.
- We stress and structure the knowledge delivered to result in your facility becoming less OEM dependant resulting in less downtime and greater savings as a result of our training. Employees learn valuable tips that most OEMs would not share with you.
- We focus on real world topics and techniques that better allow your employees to work with PLCs in the most safe and reliable way. Most others just present the "how to", not safety, good work habits and the best way to perform a particular function.
- Unlike our competitors, we encourage employees to continue their education by providing a flash drive with about 1 gig of additional learning material and a demo of our CD based trainer.
We hope you will consider letting us help you reduce downtime through more efficient troubleshooting skills, training and procedures. Our instructors are consultants who can advise you on your equipment to increase reliability, while visiting your site.
Please contact us and we will asses your maintenance personnel needs. Our fees are based on the same cost effective, value added principles as described on our in plant PLC troubleshooting page.