Basic Electrical Troubleshooting CBT
"Basic electrical training - troubleshooting circuit simulation CBT with lighting circuit example.
This is an award winning electrical training program.
Click circuit above for full screen
You have reached an OLD page, please see
Troubleshooting Electrical Circuit program (TEC) for the newest version of this software.
Contents and Screen shots
|Basic Electrical Troubleshooting CBT Course|
This award winning basic electrical training program teaches a proven systematic troubleshooting approach called the "Five Step Troubleshooting Approach." The process is explained using electrical circuit simulation, animated graphics and text. Once familiar with the troubleshooting techniques you can work through a section that guides you through this troubleshooting process on a simple lighting circuit. You can then try to troubleshoot 16 faults on the lighting circuit. Some are common faults when wiring lights, others not so common. Here the time and dollars used to solve the fault will be measured and evaluated. The program also records all the steps performed to solve the faults for later analysis of your troubleshooting approach.
- Highly realistic simulation - The simulation behaves as the real circuit would. You can remove wires, operate any controls, and the circuit will behave appropriately. This is a true simulation!
- While using this electrical training program you are able to perform virtually every operation used on real equipment including:
- operating the circuit
- locking out the circuit
- taking voltage and resistance readings
- opening connections
- replacing components
- using the observe feature you can even check for visual or other clues to help solve the fault
- viewing schematic and wiring diagrams while troubleshooting the circuit
- 16 faults are available to provide adequate practice to develop your troubleshooting skills
- The Troubleshooting Techniques sections teaches a systematic troubleshooting approach
- The program assesses your skill by evaluating your use of time and materials to solve the fault.
- A log of the your steps taken while solving the faults, is available for later analysis.
- A section is available to guide you through the troubleshooting process on a sample fault.
- Animations and narrations are used to describe how the circuit works and how to use the tools.
- Thorough instructions and tips on using the program allow it to be used as a totally self taught, self-paced program or as part of a troubleshooting course.
- Once the user has successfully completed all the faults they can print out their certificate.
- Administration tools and program guides are available for Instructors
Who Can Benefit
Both college students and apprentices find these programs increase both their skills and confidence when troubleshooting electrical circuits. Seasoned electrical and maintenance personnel also benefit by refining their reasoning process and increasing the effectiveness of their troubleshooting skills, resulting in reduced downtime of equipment.
You have reached an OLD page, please see Troubleshooting Electrical Circuit program (TEC) for the newest version of this software.
Click to read details about the new Troubleshooting Course New 2014 Version!
Or click to order all 3 CBTs in the Troubleshooting series and SAVE !!
Course Table of Contents
| ||Troubleshooting Techniques|
This section describes a systematic approach to troubleshooting called the Five Step Troubleshooting Approach. It also contains a practice circuit that allows you to practice the troubleshooting steps on an electrical circuit.
| || || |
| ||Guided Troubleshooting|
This section guides you through the troubleshooting process on a typical fault. Here you can practice using the troubleshooting approach to answer a series of questions and repair faults on the electrical circuit simulation.
| || || |
| ||How the Circuit Works|
This section describes how the lighting circuit simulation works. Go to this section to see an animated tutorial of this circuit and learn how the circuit works.
| || || |
| ||Test Your Skill|
Here you will troubleshoot and repair faults on the electrical circuit simulation. This program will evaluate your results based on the time and money spent to repair the fault. If your results meet the criteria set by the program, the fault will be marked complete. Otherwise you will have to try it again.
| || || |
| ||Lighting Circuit Diagram|
Schematics and wiring diagrams for the lighting circuit can be viewed on screen or printed out to help you understand the circuit and eventually track down problem areas to solve faults.
Related products: Industrial Electrical Training Video Course Library
Please click here to contact us with your questions and comments.