Steam Turbines & Governing System Training Course
This CBT, with skills test, makes a great animated study guide for related career skill assessment.
This course covers many turbine types and related information in the industry.
The above picture is just a screen shot, click to see demo.
|Steam Turbines & Governing System Training Course|
The Steam Turbine Training and Governing System Training, covers the various turbine types and provides detailed classifications. The CBT also covers steam turbines and the governing system in detail and includes Woodward-type governor operation.
The primary focus on graphics/animations in the steam turbine training course, helps to very clearly understand steam turbine/governor maintenance procedures & steam turbine operating/working principle like turbine/governor control, governor hunt, turbine/governor droop, turbine/governor trip mechanism, etc. It also aids in turbine repair. The steam turbine training program provides detailed knowledge on steam turbine assembly and dismantling. Animated cut-sections give a deep insight into steam turbine operation and how they work.
Who Can Benefit:
Students as well as maintenance and engineering personnel who have not had formal training, will find that this computer based training program on steam turbines increases both their knowledge and confidence when performing maintenance. Those with previous training may find this program a good refresher and may learn some important information not covered in their original training.
The Turbines CBT program is also available in a "Hardware Lock" licensing method. Many users have requested that they be able to use the software on multiple computers, i.e. when working with the program on the office computer and on the home computer. This Hardware Lock method allows users to install software on as many computers as they like. They need only enter the key on which ever computer they are currently wanting to use the software on. This copyright method also works great for the class room environment.
Special Hardware Lock Bonus: For the hardware lock option, upon request, we will embed your company logo (replacing the BIN95 logo) in the compressor training software, both to give you a customized feel as well as for added protection of your new company software. (Please note URL of company logo in comment area when ordering or email your logo to us, if you would like to take advantage of this new feature.)
Email confirming order sent within 24 hours after purchase. If you ordered download version, email will contain download link and activation code. If you ordered one of the CD versions, a second email will be sent to confirm shipment.
Automated download system is powered by our preferred method of payment, secure Pay Pal. (After purchase, you receive a confirmation email.) If you prefer us to manually process your order or would like to mail or fax order in, please click CD and Book Order Form on our secure servers.
Steam Course Table of Contents
- 1. Turbines
- 1.1. Introduction
- 1.1.1. Thermodynamic features / Mechanical features / Application
- 1.1.2. Principle of Action
- 1.1.3. Classification
- 126.96.36.199. Impulse turbine / Impulse –Reaction Turbine
- 188.8.131.52.1. Simple Impulse Turbine
- 184.108.40.206.2. Pressure-compounded Impulse Turbine
- 220.127.116.11.3. Simple Velocity-compounded Impulse Turbine
- 18.104.22.168.4. Pressure-Velocity-compounded Turbine
- 22.214.171.124.5. Axial-flow Impulse-Reaction Turbine
- 1.1.4. Combination Turbines
- 1.1.5. Steam Turbine Cycle
- 1.1.6. Condensing Turbines
- 1.1.7. Low-Pressure Turbines
- 1.1.8. Mixed-Pressure Turbines
- 1.1.9. Back-Pressure Turbines
- 1.1.10. Pass-Out Turbines / Extraction Turbines
- 1.2. Small Drive Turbines
- 1.3. Large Drive Turbines
- 1.4. Components
- 1.4.1. Nozzles and Diaphragms
- 1.4.2. Turbine blades
- 1.4.3. Rotors
- 1.4.4. Bearings and Lubrication
- 1.4.5. Glands and Packing Devices
- 2. Governors and Governing system
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Simple Governor without Relay
- 2.3. Simple Throttle Governor with Oil Relay
- 2.4. Speeder Gear
- 2.5. Woodward type Governors
- 2.5.1. Mechanical – Woodward type governor (includes features like simulated response to varying loads and speed requirements, Governor Speed Droop, Governor Hunt, Droop, etc.)
- 2.5.2. Electronic – Woodward type governor
- 2.6. Compound Oil Relay
- 2.6.1. Secondary Oil Control System
- 2.6.2. Component working
- 2.6.3. Lube oil / Governing oil system
- 2.7. Emergency Trip Mechanism
- 2.7.1. Direct acting Tripping mechanism
- 2.7.2. Hydraulically acting Tripping mechanism
- 3. Game on Component Assembly
- 4. Conventional and Interactive Skill Tests with evaluation
Email confirming order sent within 24 hours after purchase. If you ordered the downloaded version, an email will contain a download link and activation code. If you ordered a CD, an email will be sent to confirm shipment.
Automated download system is powered by our preferred method of payment, secure Pay Pal. (After purchase, you receive a confirmation email .) If you prefer us to manually process your order or would like to mail or fax order in, please click CD and Book Order Form on our secure servers.
Training Video Series (10 DVD Set w/
Please click here to contact us with your questions and comments.