Mechanical Seal Basics and Seal Selection Process Training
This CBT, with skills tests, makes a great animated study guide for mechanical seal training software.
This course covers many seal types and related information in the industry.
The above picture is just a screen shot, click for animated demo.
|Mechanical Seal Basics and Seal Selection Procedure Training Software|
The mechanical seal basics training software covers a large range of seal types like Pusher Seals, Non-Pusher Seals, Cartridge Seals, Split Seals, Double Seals, Tandem Seals, Dry Gas Seals, Spring Seals, Bellow Seals, etc. and provides detailed seal classification.
The primary focus on graphics/animation helps in very clearly understanding mechanical seal operating-working principle and mechanical seal maintenance procedures and aids in seal repair. The CBT provides detailed information on seal installation, assembly and dismantling. The mechanical seal training program has dedicated modules to assist seal troubleshooting and seal selection (API 682 Guided Seal Selection Procedure). Animated cut-sections give a deep insight into mechanical seal operation and how mechanical seals work.
Who Can Benefit:
Students as well as maintenance and engineering personnel who have not had formal training, will find that this computer based training program on mechanical seals increases both their knowledge and confidence when working with most seals. Those with previous training may find this program a good refresher and may learn some important information not covered in their original training.
The Mechanical Seals CBT is also available in a "Hardware Lock" licensing method. Many users have requested that they be able to use the software on multiple computers, i.e. when working with the program on the office computer and on the home computer. This Hardware Lock method allows users to install software on as many computers as they like. They need only enter the key on which ever computer they are currently wanting to use the software on. This copyright method also works great for the class room environment.
Special Hardware Lock Bonus: For the hardware lock option, upon request, we will embed your company logo (replacing the BIN95 logo) in the compressor training software, both to give you a customized feel as well as for added protection of your new company software. (Please note URL of company logo in comment area when ordering or email your logo to us, if you would like to take advantage of this new feature.)
Email confirming order sent within 24 hours after purchase. If you ordered download version, email will contain download link and activation code. If you ordered one of the CD versions, a second email will be sent to confirm shipment.
Automated download system is powered by our preferred method of payment, secure Pay Pal. (After purchase, you receive a confirmation email.) If you prefer us to manually process your order or would like to mail or fax order in, please click CD and Book Order Form on our secure servers.
Mech. Seal Course Table of Contents
- 1. Mechanical Seal Fundamentals
- 1.1. Fundamentals of Mechanical Seal Operation
- 1.1.1. Seal requirements
- 1.1.2. Packed Stuffing Box
- 1.1.3. Simple Mechanical Seal
- 1.1.4. Seal Face Lubrication
- 1.1.5. Sealing points
- 1.2. Basic Seal Designs
- 1.2.1. Pusher Seal
- 1.2.2. Non-pusher (Bellow) Seal
- 1.2.3. Pusher seal vs. Non pusher seal
- 1.2.4. API seal types
- 1.3. Variation in basic seal designs
- 1.3.1. Unbalanced Seals
- 1.3.2. Balanced Seals
- 1.3.3. Mixer Seals
- 1.3.4. High Pressure Seals
- 1.3.5. High Speed Seals
- 1.3.6. Dry Gas Seal
- 1.3.7. Split seal
- 1.4. Mechanical Seal Arrangements
- 1.4.1. Inside Seals
- 1.4.2. Outside Seals
- 1.4.3. Double Seals
- 1.4.4. Tandem Seals
- 1.4.5. Cartridge Seals
- 1.4.6. API seal arrangements
- 1.1. Fundamentals of Mechanical Seal Operation
- 2. Environmental Controls - Popular Seal Flushing – API Plans
- 2.1. Standard Seal Flush Plan 1
- 2.2. Standard Seal Flush Plan 2
- 2.3. Standard Seal Flush Plan 11
- 2.4. Standard Seal Flush Plan 12
- 2.5. Standard Seal Flush Plan 13
- 2.6. Standard Seal Flush Plan 21
- 2.7. Standard Seal Flush Plan 22
- 2.8. Standard Seal Flush Plan 23
- 2.9. Standard Seal Flush Plan 31
- 2.10. Standard Seal Flush Plan 32
- 2.11. Standard Seal Flush Plan 41
- 2.12. Standard Seal Flush Plan 51
- 2.13. Standard Seal Flush Plan 52
- 2.14. Standard Seal Flush Plan 53
- 2.15. Standard Seal Flush Plan 54
- 2.16. Standard Seal Flush Plan 61
- 2.17. Standard Seal Flush Plan 62
- 3. Seal Installation / Operation / Maintenance
- 3.1. Equipment Checkpoints
- 3.2. Seal Checkpoints
- 3.3. Seal Installation
- 3.4. Environmental Controls Installation
- 3.5. Start-up and operation
- 3.6. Seal Maintenance
- 4. Troubleshooting and Failure Analysis
- 4.1. Full contact Pattern
- 4.2. Coning (Negative Rotation)
- 4.3. Thermal Distortion (Positive Rotation)
- 4.4. Mechanical Distortion – Type: 1
- 4.5. Mechanical Distortion – Type: 2
- 4.6. Mechanical Distortion – Type: 3
- 4.7. Thermally Distressed – Type: 1
- 4.8. Thermally Distressed – Type: 2
- 4.9. Thermally Distressed – Type: 3
- 4.10. High Wear and Grooving
- 4.11. Out of Square Matting Ring
- 4.12. Wide Contact Pattern
- 4.13. Eccentric Contact Pattern
- 5. Glossary and Definition of Seal Terms
- 6. Conventional and Interactive Skill Tests with evaluation
- 7. API-682 guided Seal Selection Procedure Tool
Email confirming order sent within 24 hours after purchase. If you ordered the downloaded version, an email will contain a download link and activation code. If you ordered a CD, an email will be sent to confirm shipment.
Automated download system is powered by our preferred method of payment, secure Pay Pal. (After purchase, you receive a confirmation email .) If you prefer us to manually process your order or would like to mail or fax order in, please click CD and Book Order Form on our secure servers.
PLC Training Video Series (10 DVD Set w/ workbook)
Please click here to contact us with your questions and comments.