Allen Bradley PLC Training
(Specialize in Allen Bradley SLC500, PLC5, RSLogix PLC training.)
Business Industrial Network provides on site, customized Program Logic Controller (PLC training), for your maintenance and engineering staff. This is yet another way we are responding to our customers needs. Our survey of over 300 companies and corporations reveals two well known facts.
1. The most unplanned downtime occurs during the off shifts.
2. Most companies only have PLC capable technicians available during the day shift.
Our studies on the true cost of production downtime prove that plc training of off shift employees yields a great return on your investment (ROI). We have also found those who have had plc training previously, greatly benefit from our customized training. Maintenance technicians give two good reasons for receiving additional training from Business Industrial Network.
1. "I took an OEM course a few years back, but they went too fast, and taught topics I have never used."
2. "When you hardly ever have to troubleshoot a plc, you forget that class room stuff."
The Training Solution:
Our customized plc training for your maintenance department
(What sets us apart from your other training options.)
- We review and use the actual plc programs you use in your facility.
- We customize the topics, material, and level of expertise to match your current maintenance personnel's needs.
- We actually train each employee, not just present the information. The instructor insures each employee can perform the task, as each task is taught.
- We deliver knowledge chose to result in your facility becoming less OEM dependant resulting in less downtime and greater savings as a result of our training. Employees learn valuable tips that some OEMs may not think to share with you.
- " We focus on real world topics and techniques that better allow your employees to work with PLCs in the most safe and reliable way. Most others just present the 'how to', not safety, good work habits and the best way to perform a particular function.
- We deliver the training in your facility, during the shifts that you request.
- We start with hands-on classroom training, software simulations, and hand outs that reflect your actual facility equipment.
- We wrap up the world class training with a quiz to assess effectiveness.
- We follow up with a plan to backup all plc programs in your facility.
- We leave you with a copy of presentation for reviews and in house training of future employees.
|A special thank you to our past
Amgen (A FDA regulated company)
BNFL (A DOE contractor),
Lowe's and CVS (Main Distribution
Letterkenny Army Depot!
Also a special thanks to our long standing customers like International Paper, Weyerhaeuser, Green Bay Packaging, Georgia Pacific, F&P Georgia Inc., General Motors, Clemson University, Hitachi Computer Products Inc., Honeywell, and KV Pharmaceuticals. We appreciate all of our past and future customers. Also a special thanks to The Arkansas Workforce Investment Board for listing us in their State training database.
Our goal is to give your maintenance and engineering personnel the training they need to troubleshoot and maintain the equipment in your facility. Our training ranges from the basics for the beginner, to advanced training to aid your current technicians in working with new assets and technologies.
Business Industrial Network recommends that at least 1 person on each shift be competent in the following areas.
Basic use of your RSLogix software
Understanding ladder logic usage
Sound practices with Winzip, file management, downloading and EPROM's
Set up and PC to PLC Communications
Setup / troubleshooting RSLinx Drivers
View program On line and Off line
Troubleshooting actual problems
Familiar with programming conventions used in your equipment
Understanding best-practices in PLC programming
How to review new asset automation be fore purchase.
How to and importance of working towards being less OEM dependant
This course has also qualified under the Federal Program - Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and most state reimbursement programs. So your company could possibly get reimbursed some or all of the training fees if they chose to pursue that. We are also registered in the Federal CCR database if any Federal, State or Local government employees are interested in this PLC training.
All of our training is Hands-on with actual equipment we provide, but we use power points as a guide and for handouts. Please click images below to see samples of PowerPoint presentation...
Please click Free online Industrial Training Skills Assessment Tool to see if you or your maintenance personnel need this training. Take the series of PLC Assessments provided there. You may be surprised, as the knowledge we deliver is not always in text books or manuals. Our On-Site Training fees are based on the same cost effective, value added principles and are the lowest in the industry. We do not charge per person, we charge per day, up to 5 employees per class, any schedule, 24/7 and classes can be back to back when more than 5 need trained. "The Best for Less"
Customer comments ...
John Marques (Smith & Nephew ASD) "I recently took Don's PLC training when my company offered it. I've been in Maintenance for over 20 years, but never got involved with PLCs in depth. I could troubleshoot most things driven with PLCs by observing the real world outputs, but that only gets you so far. His course was easy to understand, and helped me a great deal regarding PLC issues. I would recommend anyone in maintenance take this course if the opportunity arises! Even if you don't get into programming, It's a good troubleshooting tool to have."
Walter J Rivers (Georgia Pacific) "Jim was very patient with our lack of pre existing knowledge and helped out and explained at every step."
Elaine Vavra (Southeast Community College Instructor) "One of the best hands-on classes I have attended. The hands-on portion really added to my limited experience in PLCs."
Jim (Maintenance Manager) "This training is not like the vendor training we have received before where they try to sell you their hardware. We where getting hands-on training after the first hour and advice that only an experienced end-user would offer. A great supplement to our tech school training. Thanks"
Will Inglis (SB Electronics) "Don's teaching methods for the PLC Troubleshooting class were greatly impressive. He knew when to slow down to help those that were not completely understanding, and when to pick up the pace if everyone was following along quickly. The class is highly recommended, and Don makes it a great experience for everyone.”
Timothy Wilson (Technician at Corning Life Sciences) "Don gave a very knowledgeable course on RS Logix and was very attentive about the standards and the class involvement was great. Don worked hard to make sure that everyone was keeping up and understood the work. i would recommend Don to anyone for the technical knowledge and the patience to get the job done."
Mark Mason (OCI Chemical DCS Administrator) "The instructor demonstrated thorough knowledge of the training materials and also provided useful real life examples."
For the individual seeking PLC Training, please see below.
PLC Training Seminar:
Business Industrial Network brings you the most value added PLC training seminar/workshop. These workshops typically sell out, so hurry and register today.
Troubleshooting PLC Control Circuits training software.
|Need more in-depth SCADA and PLC training, with no travel cost? Please see ...|
New On-Line HMI SCADA and PLC Course provided by an Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Endorsed Training Provider!
We now offer PLC Training equipment with Lessons! See our featured PLC Trainer by clicking the link. Higher education equals higher pay, so we make this educational equipment very affordable for all.
PLC Training Video Series (10 DVD Set w/ workbook)
Don Fitchett (Founder)